Even if you haven’t turned 65 or you haven’t enrolled in Medicare, chances are that you’ve still heard something about Medicare over the years. Or maybe you’ve done some quick research on the Internet to get the basics.
Unfortunately, there’s a lot of conflicting information out there, so before we consider where you should start to get ready for making your first Medicare election, please take the following quiz to see if you know some of the Medicare “basics”:
- True or False — Once you enroll in Original Medicare, you pay a monthly premium that covers all of your Medicare-approved costs.
- True or False — Original Medicare includes routine dental, vision and hearing benefits.
- True or False — Original Medicare includes prescription drug coverage.
- True or False — If you work past age 65 and have employer coverage, you do not have to sign up for Medicare unless your employer requires you to do so.
Scroll down to the bottom to see the Answer Key. How’d you do? If you got all of the questions correct, great job!! If you didn’t, now you’ve learned something new about Medicare. In either case, there is always more to learn, especially if you’re getting ready to make your Medicare election for the first time. To help you make the right decision the first time, we have three options to assist you.
Option 1 — Call Us!! 1-877-766-4448
The easiest way to get answers to your specific questions is to call one of our licensed agents at 1-877-766-4448. There is never any cost for a consultation and our licensed agents have years of experience in assisting Medicare beneficiaries select the Medicare plans that best meet their medical AND financial needs. Even if you’re not ready to enroll in a Medicare plan, our licensed agents can answer any question you have and will spend as much time with you as you need.
Option 2 — Learn from Other People’s Questions
We are fairly certain that our licensed agents have heard and answered just about every possible question about Medicare. To give you the benefit of their experience, we’ve put together a comprehensive set of Frequently Asked Questions. The range of FAQs span from very general FAQs about Medicare eligibility and coverage, to the more technical aspects of the Medicare system. If you don’t see your question or if don’t understand the answer, you can call one of our licensed agents at 1-877-766-4448, or you can email us at email@example.com and we will respond within 24 hours.
We also recommend that you review “Why Original Medicare may not provide all of the benefits you need.” This page covers some of the popular misconceptions about Original Medicare and is a good primer on the options you need to consider when making your initial Medicare election.
Option 3 — Watch a Medicare 101 presentation
We have several Medicare webinar presentations that you can review. Our Director of Education & Training, Joyce Pianka, has almost 20 years of experience as a licensed agent in the Medicare industry, and she has been educating Seniors on a wide range of Medicare issues during that time. Each presentation is about 20 minutes long, with a Q&A for the audience members at the end.
Good luck!! When in doubt, CALL US!! 1-877-766-4448
1. False. Original Medicare only pays for 80% of all Medicare-approved costs. Thus, after your monthly premium, you will still be responsible for 20% of your costs.
2. False. Original Medicare does not include routine dental, vision, or hearing benefits.
3. False. Original Medicare does not include prescription drug coverage.
4. True. Whether you need to enroll in Original Medicare usually depends on the number of qualified employees at your company. Above a certain threshold, your employer will likely require you to sign up for Original Medicare, even if you continue working for them and have employer coverage.